Anxiety Disorder Treatment for Adolescents
Is your teen’s anxiety hindering his or her ability to achieve everyday tasks in school, work, competitive sports, social or family obligations? Has your teen been losing focus and turning to substance abuse as a way to cope? If so, your child is not alone. According to the National Institute of Mental Health, the average age-of-onset is 11 years old and approximately 25 percent of teenagers between the ages of 13 and 18 suffer from an anxiety disorder. Sadly, 80 percent never receive treatment for their condition.
There is hope. At Teen Treatment Center, your child can receive the help they need to manage their stress and anxiety. Our evidence-based approach takes into account your teen’s individual circumstances, background and needs. Using a combination of therapeutic methods, your teen can overcome their anxiety disorder and learn healthy coping mechanisms instead of abusing drugs or alcohol.
To learn more about our treatment for anxiety disorders in adolescents, call us today at (844) 319-5239 or chat online with an admissions counselor. We are available to help 24/7, including holidays.
Common Teen Anxiety Disorders
Although anxiety can be a normal part of childhood, it can quickly evolve into a disorder that affects many aspects of your child’s life. The most common types of teen anxiety disorders and their symptoms include:
- Panic disorder (with or without agoraphobia): Shortness of breath, sweating, and a pounding heart.
- Social phobia (social anxiety disorder): Extreme nervousness, stress and anticipation of an event or social interactions.
- Substance induced anxiety disorder: Anxiety caused by effects of drugs, alcohol, medications and toxins.
- Adjustment disorder with anxious mood: Work and school problems due to life changes and stress.
- Obsessive compulsive disorder: Constant concern, perfectionism, control and trouble relaxing, as well as a preoccupation with details, rules and productivity.
- Generalized anxiety disorder: Chronic worrying and an overwhelming feeling that something bad is going to happen.
Our board-certified staff has decades of experience treating teens with a wide variety of anxiety disorders. At our accredited facility, your teen can receive effective treatment for their anxiety disorder and substance use.
To learn more about the types of teen anxiety disorders and substances we treat, contact us at (844) 319-5239. Our admissions counselors are available to chat immediately.
What Are the Signs of Anxiety Disorders in Teenagers?
There are a few telltale signs your child may be struggling with an anxiety disorder. Some of the clear signs of teen anxiety disorders are as follows:
- Worrying and fearfulness for no apparent reason.
- Unusual worry about everyday activities and events.
- A constant need to self-correct or to repeatedly check if something is right.
- Panicky behavior that results in a lack of ability to function in specific situations.
- Frequent panic attacks at random times and symptoms such as a racing heart, sweating and dizziness.
If your teen is exhibiting any of the symptoms above, we will help your teen manage their anxiety along with any existing substance abuse issues.
We provide an open, comfortable, yet safe environment with 24-hour supervision. Call us today at (844) 319-5239 or chat with a counselor to learn more.
Treatment for Teen Anxiety Disorders and Substance Abuse
At Teen Treatment Center, we provide gender-separate treatment to help your teen focus on their condition without any distractions. We will also create a tailored treatment plan to fit your child’s needs.
Our licensed therapists will treat your teen with a combination of evidence-based treatment methods including, but not limited to:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT): We help your teen change the way they interact and help them to desensitize from situations that may trigger fear and anxiety.
- Dialectal Behavioral Therapy (DBT): Our staff uses effective talk therapy to help your child open up through individual therapy, group counselling, and family support.
- Stress Management: We help your teen manage stress by using effective recreational therapy to improve your teen’s physical and mental well-being.
- Therapeutic Programs: We help boost self-confidence, improve decision-making and decrease anxiety and depression through individual and group therapy, therapeutic recreation, and more.
Our therapy programs are designed to treat the whole person – mind, body and spirit. With your support, your teen will have the best chance at a lasting recovery.
Restore Hope in Your Teen
We want your child to be as comfortable as possible when they arrive. Our dedicated and compassionate staff will be with your teen throughout the entire process. At Teen Treatment Center, we will give your teen the tools and resources needed to renew, refocus, and get back on the right track.
Together, we can restore hope in your teen and get them the help they deserve. Call us now at (844) 319-5239. We are available to help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Teen Treatment Center has been awarded
the Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval.
24/7 • Conﬁdential