Substance Abuse Treatment for Teens
Do you suspect your son or daughter is abusing addictive substances? Has their substance abuse resulted in problems at home, school or with the law? If you answered yes to either of these questions, it's time to reach out for teen substance abuse treatment.
If not properly treated, individuals who begin abusing drugs or alcohol at an early age are more likely to develop a full-blown addiction. Your teen does not have to walk that path.
Together, our staff has decades of experience treating the physical, emotional and physiological needs of teens with substance abuse issues. We specialize in treating teens who are struggling with:
- Alcohol abuse
- Caffeine Abuse
- Smoking/Nicotine Use
- Illicit drug abuse
- Prescription drug abuse
For additional information about substance abuse treatment for teens, call us now.
For Additional information about substance abuse treatment for teens, call now
The Importance of Treating Teen Substance Abuse
"If my child is just experimenting with drugs or alcohol, do they still need teen substance abuse treatment?" Regardless of your teen’s level of substance use, whether it’s abuse or physical dependence, it is still a serious issue. Substance abuse in adolescence can evolve in to a full-blown addiction.
According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), 15.2% of individuals who start abusing alcohol by age 14 will develop an alcohol addiction. In addition, 25% of individuals who abuse prescription drugs and 13% who abuse marijuana before age 13 will develop a drug addiction. However, if your teen receives substance abuse treatment at an early age, they may be able to avoid this outcome.
Another consequence of teen alcohol and drug abuse is the negative health effects. Substance abuse can put your teenager at risk for hyperthermia, strokes, insomnia, heart attacks, brain damage and kidney disease. It can also interfere with your teen’s emotional and intellectual development.
If your teenager is abusing alcohol or drugs, it is important to seek help immediately. Individuals that receive and complete teen substance abuse treatment are more likely to achieve stable recovery. Call us now at (877) 960-1422.
Evidence-Based Teen Treatment
Our teen substance abuse treatment program only uses research-based treatments such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT). At our accredited facility, your loved one will receive around-the-clock care and support from our medical doctors, psychiatrists, psychologists, licensed counselors and nurses.
The goal of our adolescent treatment program is to get your teen to stop abusing alcohol, drugs and prescription medications. To achieve this goal, we offer the following therapies and services in our treatment programs:
- Medically-supervised detox: Whether or not your teenager goes through the detox process will depend on the type of substance that is being abused and the length of abuse. We only prescribe detoxes for teens that are physically dependent on drugs, alcohol or prescription pills.
- Dual Diagnosis treatment: After your child arrives at our facility, they will be assessed by a psychiatrist and a licensed mental health counselor. If your teen is diagnosed with a co-occurring disorder, such as anxiety, depression or ADHD, we will treat the substance abuse along with the mental health condition.
- Individual therapy: By the time your teen arrives at our facility, they will already have a primary therapist that is assigned to them. During these 1:1 sessions, your teen will work on any underlying issues that have contributed to their substance abuse.
- Family therapy: Family involvement is crucial to your teen’s recovery. During these sessions, your family will learn new ways to function as a unit.
- Group counseling: During group therapy, your teen will be able to receive support from their peers.
- Academic support: With the help of our on-staff teacher, your teen will be able to continue their education while receiving treatment by coordinating with their home school, taking online classes or completing GED coursework.
- Recreational therapy: Many teens can’t fathom having fun without using drugs or alcohol. We will teach your teen how to socialize and be active without being under the influence.
Restore Your Teen & Family Today
At Teen Treatment Center, we understand the complexities of adolescent substance abuse. No matter what your child’s substance of choice is, our innovative treatment programs will teach your teenager to live without drugs, alcohol or prescription medications.
To speak with an admissions counselor about our substance abuse treatment, call us now at (844) 319-5239. Help is available 24/7. All conversations with our admissions counselors are confidential and free.
Teen Treatment Center has been awarded
the Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval.
24/7 • Conﬁdential